Social Icons

Things I Learned My Freshmen Year of College

Monday, August 15, 2016


With school starting back up soon I thought I would share a few things I learned during my freshman year of college. College is not always what I imagined it to be be and it certianly comes with it's own set of troubles, but it is a wonderful experience.

I learned...


  • Good food is something to be thankful for. When you are used to eating ramen, easy mac, ramen, frozen fruit, ramen, and um ramen, yummy food is like a gift from god. It is worth driving home just for dinner or going out and spending ten dollars on one meal.



  • Vulnerability is not a bad thing.



  • To call my mom almost every day. But not for her, for me. Because I miss my parents more than I thought I would. I have learned to answer when my parents call, because when they are not calling to remind me to pay rent or making sure that I ate at least two of out three meals that day, they miss me too.



  • Dishes are the worst.



  • Thank your washing machine every day, because let me tell you four dollars for washing one load of clothes is not fun. And they smell funky too. On a more positive note the laundry mat is a great place to write papers and to keep up with what shows are playing on Nick Jr. And I quote, "stop purple horse, I need to ask you a question."



  • Life is expensive.



  • It is okay to feel lonely at times. When are in a place where you do not know many people and every one around you seems to be having the time of their lives all the time, sometimes you feel like you are all alone. In reality though feeling alone is not always a bad thing, and you are certainly not the only one feeling that way. I have learned a lot about who I am by hanging out with myself these.



  • If it is 95 degrees out and you would like air conditioning, remember to pay your bills...



  • A little friendship can go a long way. I got lucky with having the best roommate and all. When I am having a bad day and drop the kol-aid container all of the floor. It is so comforting to know that I am loved to enough when walk away from the mess crying, my roommate will clean it up, and then come to check on me.



  • Never to use all the air conditioning units and the microwave at the same time. Ever. Or I will be spending the night in front of an open window on the floor in the dark.



  • Cleaning is NOT fun. Toilets are gross, refrigerators are nasty, and showers are frightful.



  • Making friends is not always easy. I am keeping an open mind on who I want to be my friends. I am getting involved with organizations in and outside my school. I am picky friend personally, I only want to surround myself with people who are encouraging. I am in the process of expecting that it is okay to be a picky friend.



  • Time management is important. Your mom is not going to make you do your homework or to class. You have to put in the effort to stay on top of all the things that you need to get done.



1 comment:

  1. ETHICAL HACKER SERVICES FOR HIRE
    Require services of a certified and experienced ethical hacker for your general ethical and specialized Hacks?
    + Access various social networks (facebook, twitter,
    Instagram, Google+, etc)
    + Specialized and experienced hacking into Educational
    Institutions, Change of Grades, Clearing of Criminal Records,
    Blog Hack, Clear Credit Card Debts, Drop Money Into Credit
    Cards, Smartphone Hacks, Bank Account Hacks in various parts
    of the world etc,
    + Hack into email accounts (gmail, yahoo, aol, etc)

    reach us on here : Binaryhacker016@gmail.com
    Whatsapp : +1(518)889-6064

    ReplyDelete