Social Icons

How to be a Morning Person

Monday, August 17, 2015


With school starting soon I thought I would share some of my tips and tricks for having a better morning. Doing these things puts me in the right mind set to take on the day!



Drink Coffee
- Yeah, yeah don't do that. Caffeine isn't good for you, but hey, you are trying to be a morning person and nothing is going to wake you up faster than a quick cup of coffee. Honestly I don't feel like myself without my coffee in the morning...(cough cough...addict...)

Establish a Routine

- I cannot stress this enough. It will make it a thousand times easier to get up at 7 am if you always get up at 7 am. You need a sleep routine so your body knows when to go to sleep and when to get back up, but it goes farther than that. Create a before bed routine as well. This will allow your body to know when it is settling down for the night. Use your favorite face wash, put on some comfy pajamas, and read a good book. Just let your body wind down.



Have a Good Breakfast

- This will give you something to look forward to each day. I am ten times more likely to be happy when I am about to eat good food. Even if you have to make it the night before to save time in the morning, it is worth it. So whether its a smoothie or oatmeal, eat a yummy breakfast. Seriously though just looking at this smoothie bowl makes me want it to be breakfast already.

Pick Out Your Clothes the Night Before

- This will  your morning so much it isn't even funny. I have late too many time to count because I couldn't decide what to wear or I decided I hated everything in my closet. Having your clothes picked out will allow you to relax and let you look forward to putting on your cute clothes in the morning.


Go Outside
- The fresh air and sunshine does wonders for your sleepy eyes. Luckily for me Maci makes sure that I go outside as soon as I wake up every morning, but even if you don't have a dog just go outside and look around, be thankful.


Exercise or Stretch
- I know this is not realistic for everyone and certainly not every morning, but getting your blood pumping is such a wonderful way to wake up. The endorphins make me happier and I feel as if I can think clearer afterwards. So even if it is just for 5 minutes, do it.

Make Your Bed

- I feel like such a hypocrite typing this. I never, never make my bed, but I am working on it. If you make your bed you are less tempted to climb back for "just 5 more minutes." The real kicker for me is you feel so much more important at night getting into a made bed then an unmade bed. Its awesome for self-esteem.



Plan Your Day

- When you wake make a To- Do list or write down all the things you have to do that day. For me knowing everything I have to get done that day relaxes me, it makes me feel more in control of my day. This will also keep you more organized.

Don't Snooze

- For me this is a daily battle, sleepy mind vs. real me. Very day the I win I feel so much better about myself. This is a mental game every time you press snooze your trick your mind into thinking you are really going back to sleep which makes you even more groggy when you actually have to get up in ten minutes. So get up the first time.

Choose Music over Tv and Social Media

- This gets your mind in the right mind set. When you look at social media earlier in the morning you immediately are comparing yourself to others and are thinking enviously, but when you listen to music you give your self time jam out and be yourself before facing the real world.

xoxo,

        MK

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!