Social Icons

In My Skin

Friday, July 31, 2015


Sometimes being in your own skin is difficult and hard to talk about. For many years I blocked thinking about myself. I for one hand have had a very hard time being in my own skin. I have battled with anxiety. I have been through highs and lows, tears and laughter. I have been through therapy and long talks with friends and family. There have been times when I thought I didn't even matter if was alive (fyi this is not true everyone matters).

I am brave, strong, happy, and at peace with myself. 

Personally I believe you can always be a better version of you. My mile can be faster. I can be on time more. I can be nicer. I can be better, but I will never be perfect. Pushing yourself can be a good thing, without pressure I don’t think you can reach your maximum potential. There is a limit though when the pressure you or others are putting on you has a negative effect on you, it is too much. 

I struggle with never wanting to let anyone down and spending myself too thin to avoid upsetting anyone. I don’t enough time with myself. I used to ignore my emotions (I’m getting better) because I though it was selfish to put myself first. That is not true, to be your best self for others, you have to put yourself first sometimes.

Life should be about happiness and being comfortable in your own skin. You have the ability to do whatever you want. I have the ability to do whatever I want. what do you want to do? Find what makes you happy in life. Find who make you happy in life. There is no need to compare yourself to others. Life has enough pressure why put more on yourself. 


We all feel pressure to be prefect. Sometimes we feel like we are never enough. I feel like that a lot. Then I remind myself I am brave, strong, happy, and at peace with myself. We are already perfectly ourselves. And that is enough. You are enough. 

xoxo,
         MK

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!